Interesting article here titled “Mobile Solar Power to Save Money and Save Lives”
…But note that Mobile Solar and Portable Solar are used almost interchangeably. In our world, there’s a BIG difference – Mobile Solar, such as provide by Pure Power and others, denotes commercial-grade or military-grade solar equipment that is capable of providing electricity for:
- power tools on construction sites
- project management trailers, including air conditioning
- wardrobe, talent trailers, and catering – up to entire “base camps”
- A/V systems for stages and bandstands
- powering electric vehicles
- powering schools or homes in remote villages
- chilling of medicines for emergency first response or field hospitals.
“Portable solar” generally refers to solar backpacks and small units that can be carried by one person and can power a laptop, cell phone or MP3 player.